Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pueblo Arkansas River Tail-water Rainbows: Making Delays, Slowing Down



I had a wonderful time today on the Ark in Pueblo. It was relatively warm. I did not leave home until 10:45am which is unusual for me. I went solo and enjoyed the solitude and going at my own pace. It was peaceful to not rush or care about much of anything. I don't like it when I get into that rush mode of thinking I have to find a good spot or I have to catch a lot of fish or the person I am with has to catch fish. Today, my attitude was, "Who cares"?

I thought of some lines of poetry; a poem titled "Waiting".

"I stay my haste, I make delays,
For what avails this eager pace"?
I stand amid the eternal ways,
What is mine shall know my face."

And so even as I was slowing down I caught some big fish. And it was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment