Friday, August 27, 2021

Just Sitting:

I was sitting at the bottom of my dirt driveway waiting for my friend Mike to pick me up to get some coffee. Sometimes, I love these little segments of down time.

While I was waiting, I pulled out from the back of my truck a small fold away chair. I had a great view of my house and mountain. To say I was praying would be too much. I was just sitting and reflecting. Even calling it reflecting is saying too much. 

The only thing I was aware of was that I was at peace. Perhaps I was content. Being at peace and content are big things for me.  Perhaps for anyone.

I enjoy looking up at where I live. The forest up on the mountain marks the western edge of my property. The trail we built switch backs its way up the mountain. 

In a strange mysterious way these boundaries help me feel contained and secure. 

The same thing happens while fishing. However, sometimes it is not so easy to share the water or realize when we are crossing boundaries. Often we do not have clear cut boundaries on such matters.


   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment