Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Winter FlyTying


My friend Scott Hartwig and I enjoy tying flies on a cold winter day while sipping on hot coffee and reminiscing of past days on the river. We look forward to warmer days ahead and what flies might work. I must admit, this is one of my favorite winter activities. Of course there is a time to brave the elements;  hit the river or to ski the slopes but sometimes it is nice to just sit, keep warm, and talk about life, in one of the local coffee shops. Tying flies is part of the ritual and the preparation of fly fishing.


2 comments:

  1. Always a pleasure, and honored to learn from friend, and mentor, Anthony Surage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott, Thanks for the note but I do not see myself as a mentor to you! Looking forward to guiding with you this season (and more winter fly tying).

    ReplyDelete