Sunday, February 12, 2017

The Big Sky of South Park Over the Dream Stream

The big sky of South Park over the Dream Stream. (Picture taken by my friend Cody, manager of Anglers Covey Fly Shop).

We knew the big fish were not up from 11 mile reservoir but that also meant the crowds were not here yet. Why fish anywhere else when we could wander the meanders of the Dream Stream in relative solitude, in search of big trout under such a surreal sky?

The sky teaches me that I am not all that important and my all too often demanding ego can settle down.  Feeling small allows me to simply wander, consider my insignificant place among the natural world and to not even care about catching fish.

Why would I want to hold up my small catch (of any fish, no matter how big) against this vast sky?

No comments:

Post a Comment