Sunday, February 14, 2021

Cold, Cold, Cold

Someone once said that they would walk 5 miles in a snow storm to have a real conversation. Have we become this desperate for real dialogue in our overly political society?   I guess many would disagree with me on this point. 

In my younger days I might venture out for such a conversation. Or perhaps to make a few ski turns. Or make a few drifts in a stream. Not so much any more. 

I miss those days of being braver.  I also miss those days when politics were not so important and all that mattered was living; skiing and fishing well.

As I have said before I enjoy the realization that the fish are relatively safe in this cold and snow. The storm gives the fish a day of rest. Perhaps.  

Most anglers will stay home today. But not all. I would bet money that if we took a drive to the Dream Stream right now, we would find anglers below the dam and down toward 11 mile looking for big fish. 

Even at minus 7 in Hartsel.

No comments:

Post a Comment