Friday, July 12, 2013

Most Amazing Day At Deckers South Platte River



What describes a fishing day as amazing?  Certainly it seems to be something more than the number or size of fish caught.  “Some-thing” more amazing than us and our abilities and expectations, must define the day. Some times guides such as my self are slow to learn this truth.

Today I took a couple out to Deckers that had never trout fished before.  They certainly did not know anything of how the river was before the big fire or during earlier decades. I remembered those former amazing days even as we fished. Those memories flowed down the river and gave way to a new day.

This couple found this day to be most amazing as they hooked beautiful rainbows and browns. One Brown catapulted out of the river 8 times before surrendering to the net.  One deep bodied rainbow went 18-19 inches. These were amazing battles from amazing fish that made my clients chase fish down river.

A morning of multiple landings and break offs and pullouts of good fish. 

After each fish was landed this fine couple said “thank you”.  I mean, they said those words out loud. They deeply appreciated the beauty of each fish, the amazing sky and the river. They kept saying, “This place is beautiful; this place is amazing. Thank you”.

And then I too, who am a bit slow to be grateful realized it had indeed been a most amazing day. This fine couple with grateful hearts had made it so and I shared it with them.  

I too could say thank you. Thank You.

“I thank you God for this most amazing day, for leaping greenly spirits of trees, for a true blue dream of sky above; for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is, yes”.
e.e. Cummings  

No comments:

Post a Comment