Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Excused to Solitude

As a kid I loved to have an excuse to fly fish a pond up the road from my home. I was one of those kids (and perhaps still am to a certain degree), who always felt the pressure to be doing more important things such as school work or competing in sports or  trying to be part of my social world.

How wonderful it was and still is to be excused now and then from "participating," in the game of life.   One of the strange positive aspects of living in this Pandemic is that I feel somewhat excused from work and being a part of a social group. I wonder if those who are single and living in this pandemic might also feel some relief and be better at being alone.

So much is beyond our control. Maybe that is always the reality of life; we have so little control. As I contemplate that lack of control, sometimes I can relax. There is nothing I can do. I can't work. I can't really pursue people.

But I can go fish now and then. I am excused.   

No comments:

Post a Comment