Saturday, January 9, 2021

Once Again Waiting on the Snow

Once again, waiting on the snow and for the fish to return. A new year. Not much yet but I can wait. I know how to wait. 

Actually, we got some snow a few nights ago but we still need more.  We need snows and rains  to soak the earth, to fill the lakes and rivers. 

I also made an inquiry at the local fly shop. Always helpful. Some fish are appearing in the runs and feeding. I can usually fill in the rest that the fish are taking eggs and midges. Maybe a black leach. 

The plan is to fish tomorrow with two friends. Sometimes going fishing feels like a commitment to people in my life, to keep in touch and at other times a commitment to get out in nature and perhaps prove to myself I can still find a fish.  

Fishing can also be about keeping my commitment to walk a solitary path through the forest and that reminds me of how I started fishing back in New Jersey 50 years ago.





 



No comments:

Post a Comment