Monday, November 26, 2012

When Fish and Some Other Important Things Elude Us


Some things still elude me.

One would think that after 5o plus years of spending the holidays together with family, (such as the Thanksgiving that just past), I would find such a time together as fun, easy and meaningful. I tend to think of family time together as being the way I picture it being in my mind before stepping on the plane.

But, most often it is not. Things are not as they should be.

In, “A River Runs Through It”, Normam Maclean states it this way, “It is those we live with and love and should know who elude us.” No doubt Norman Maclean wrote these words thinking of his brother with whom he could not communicate when it came to discussing the most important issues. When I read those words, I also think of those family members I love but seldom communicate the way we should.

I do not offer any advice for such matters.  I am just sharing this simple fact and wonder if there is anyone else out there who often, or at least at times, feels the same way.

And how was the bass fishing in Florida?  Well, those large mouth Bass that I usually find quite easy to catch and should know how to catch, they too, eluded me.

No comments:

Post a Comment